To: All National Trade Academy Students, Staff, Visitors, and Their Families
Re: COVID-19 Policy Statement
Update: September 1, 2020
National Trade Academy is open for all students as of September 1, 2020, and will remain open for select programs during the remainder of 2020 and into 2021. For more information, please contact your Tom Gray or inquire on the website and someone will reach out to you.
The Academy will be incorporating many changes to keep employees, students, and visitors to NTA as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the policies that will be implemented:
- Face Masks or cloth facial coverings are required. One face mask will be distributed to every student and masks must be worn at all times while in the building.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced requiring individuals to maintain at least 6 feet of separation from others. Supervisors will be assessing each workspace and classroom to determine an appropriate plan for social distancing in each area.
- Employees and students must rigorously practice hand hygiene and cough etiquette. Employees and students will be encouraged to wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after they have been in a public place, or after blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol will be available for all people at NTA.
- All workspaces and common spaces will be cleaned throughout the day and at the close of each day. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, and workstations. All the rooms will be thoroughly cleaned on an enhanced schedule.
- All members of the community will be monitored daily for symptoms. COVID-19 symptoms include the following:
- Fever (Over 100° Fahrenheit or higher)
- Shortness of Breath
- Sore Throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Chill or body aches
- Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
- Congestion/Runny nose
Anybody experiencing any of these symptoms will be asked to check with their healthcare professional for additional guidance and recommendations.
National Trade Academy will continue to update our COVID-19 policies as the CDC updates its policies to keep our community safe and healthy. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our policies.